Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Okay, I'm not sure if it's just me being too thoughtful and respectful of the media, but why is it that the older generation of pr pros seems to insist on the aggressive follow-up call. Every reporter/editor that I've ever heard from or read about on Bacon's says not to follow-up with a phone call unless it's breaking news, etc. If I get a read receipt from an editor and I've already e-pitched them a few times- but they don't respond, is it really necessary to call them and follow-up? Yes, I realize that they're extremely busy, but isn't calling them when they specifically asked you not to a version of harassment. This just adds to the stigma that pr people already have. I just don't get it. Is it a generational gap in that I trust that my email was enough and that I don't need to call unless I'm asked to? Do other generations just not think email is enough?

No comments: