Wednesday, October 11, 2006

So, I've been giving some more thought into this blog and its topic: Public Relations and Generation Y. Being a member of generation Y and having a love of public relations (and integrated communications) I'm always amazed and impressed when I think about and realize just how much my generation has influenced media and the way we communicate. Gen Y & or echo boomers, are the most diverse generation ever. We're also a lot more aware of current global issues, weary of the corporate world, and are accustomed to instant communication. Everyone would love how to market to us and get our consumer loyalty, but the reality is that very few organizations get it. And that it, is what we love, what makes us- well us. And that's the beauty of it all. We affect the media, marketing, corporations and global communications. Just think of gen Y's more recent contribution to media and marketing: we made myspace and youtube household names, and just about every American knows what an im and text message are. I'm sure there are a million other examples. And to support what I just said read this USA Today article. Really cool to see this in the USA Today and know that I had the exact thought!

No comments: